PM Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022 | PM Janani Suraksha Yojana Application Online | JSY – National Health Mission | Janani Suraksha Yojana Registration | JSY Online Apply | janani suraksha yojana payment status
Prime Minister has implemented this great scheme for the mothers of the country, here we will know that Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022 – JSY Scheme What is the purpose of the scheme, janani suraksha yojana benefits, key highlights, features of janani yojana, criteria, role of ASHA workers, official website, registration process etc.
Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi believes that a strong building cannot be built on a weak foundation. In order to ensure that the childhood of the country is not weak, the Central Government has announced Janani Suraksha Yojana, paying full attention to the health issue of poor women.
Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) is a scheme sponsored by the National Health Mission of the Center under which cash assistance is given to rural and urban pregnant women living below poverty line for institutional delivery. Janani Suraksha Yojana announced by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi aims at safe delivery of poor pregnant women and health protection and care of their newborn babies.
Janani Suraksha Yojana is a safe motherhood program under which medical facilities and financial assistance are provided to pregnant women.
Highlights Janani Suraksha Yojana:
|scheme name||Janani Suraksha Yojana 2022|
|sponsored by||central government|
|Launched By||by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi|
|year of declaration||12 April 2005|
|Plan Implementation Date||1 April 2016|
|beneficiary||Women and children living below the poverty line|
|Application Process||Online / Offline|
Objectives of Janani Suraksha Yojana:
To provide financial assistance to pregnant women living below poverty line for institutional delivery so that both mother and child are safe. To reduce maternal mortality rate and infant mortality rate.
- To provide free delivery facility to the women living below the poverty line in both rural and urban areas.
- To look after the baby and the babies through ASHA workers even after the birth of the child.
- Giving information related to all vaccinations to be done on a fixed period through the scheme and also providing free vaccination facility.
- financial aid to women
Janani Suraksha Yojana Assistance amount
Under JSY – Janani Suraksha Yojana, the government provides financial assistance to pregnant women, which is as follows-
|provision of incentive funds||rural area||urban area|
|amount to beneficiary||1400||1000|
|Amount to be given for home delivery (BPL holding only)||500||500|
National Health Mission – JSY Features:
- Janani Suraksha is conducted in all the states and union territories of the country.
- Under this scheme, the states which have low rate of institutional delivery come under LPS category like Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Rajasthan, Odisha and Jammu. The rest of the states have high delivery rates and are placed in the HPS category. Cash facilities are given on this basis only.
- Recognition will be given to at least two willing private institutions in each block to provide better services at the time of delivery.
- To take advantage of this scheme, it is mandatory for the registered beneficiary to have an MCH card.
- Anganwadi and ASHA workers have been appointed to help pregnant women.
- After the birth of the child of the pregnant woman, the mother and child are given cards for free immunization and other facilities for 5 years.
- Beneficiary pregnant women can get their delivery check-up twice free.
- If the husband or wife gets sterilization done after the birth of the child, then they will be given compensation amount.
- There is a provision of one ASHA worker in every village whose population is at least 1000. In tribal and hilly areas there can be hope in every village. Preference is given to slum areas in cities.
- Monthly meetings are held at the sub-centre level to monitor the scheme. This meeting is held on the third Friday of the month. In case of Friday being a holiday, this meeting is held on the next day.
Pradhan Mantri Smartphone Yojana 2022
The role of ASHA workers in making Janani Suraksha Yojana a success Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA)
- An important link between women and the government is the ASHA workers whose role is very wide.
- ASHA is the main driver for reducing safe maternal and child mortality.
- ASHA is a recognized social health worker who is responsible for helping and protecting the beneficiary women under the JSY scheme.
- There is a provision of one ASHA worker in every village whose population is at least 1000.
- In tribal and hilly areas there can be hope in every village.
- The workers are selected from amongst women aged 25-45. They should preferably be married, widowed, abandoned or divorced.
- They should be educated. At least 8th pass. If there is no eighth pass female in the village then fifth pass can be selected.
- ASHA worker identifies pregnant women in their area who are eligible for the benefits of this scheme.
- Asha accompanies the pregnant woman to the health institution at the time of delivery and stays there for at least two days to help her.
- ASHA gives all the health related information to the villagers like benefits of keeping cleanliness in the village, advantages of clean water and disadvantages of dirty water. It also tells about children’s health, family welfare and nutrition.
- Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (ANM) and Multi Purpose Health Worker (MPHW) and Anganwadi workers help them in these works.
- The ASHA worker is selected by the Gram Sabha. They are given Rs.300 in rural areas and Rs.200 in urban areas. Now considering increasing this amount.
Criteria Eligibility Criteria :
- The age of the applying woman should be 19 years or above.
- Only women living below poverty can take advantage of this scheme.
- Women from BPL category both in rural and urban areas can apply. They will have to register themselves for delivery in government hospitals.
- Under this scheme, BPL families can take advantage of the scheme in the birth of the first two children.
Documents for Janani Suraksha Yojana:
- Aadhar Card
- bpl ration card
- residence certificate
- Janani Suraksha Card
- Delivery certificate issued by government hospital
- bank pass
- passport size photo
- mobile number
Janani suraksha yojana online registration
- First of all, the applicant has to download the application form from the site of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, government of India.
- After filling all the information, all the documents have to be attached.
- Then the application form has to be submitted to the Anganwadi or Women’s Health Center.
A large community in India comes under the category of BPL. Due to living under poverty, such families are unable to take proper care of pregnant women, due to which a large number of women die during childbirth. Therefore, for the health and financial assistance of those women and their babies Janani Suraksha Yojana has been brought.
Read In English: Click here
Follow Us On Social Media