UAN Registration 2022 | UAN Online Registration , uan login online – epf passbook |
epfo portal uan activation in Hindi | uan member portal | Universal Account Number active online process 2022 | Know your LIN Online
How to do EPFO Registration Online from Central Government’s website epfindia.gov.in, see complete information from here UAN Active Step by Step Process to do it. Do you know that EPFO is one of the largest social security organizations in the world in terms of subscribers and financial transactions volume. At present it maintains 19.34 crore accounts (Annual Report 2016-17) relating to its members.
Universal Account Number (UAN) 2022
It is a unique 12 digit number which is different for each individual. This number, basically, helps in controlling all his/her EPF accounts. UAN is usually linked to the employee working in the organisation. This number is issued by the Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India. If a person changes his job, he will get a new PF account with the organization. In this way, multiple PF account numbers will be allotted to an employee.
Multiple PF account numbers are an area of concern as many employees report complaints related to transfer and withdrawal of PF amount. To counter this problem and ease the management of provident fund accounts, the concept of UAN was introduced UAN There is a single account number that will link multiple IDs associated with an employer. With UAN, an employee can link all his EPFO accounts to ease and transfer the PF withdrawal process.
UAN 2022 Highlights
|Service Name||UAN Registration & Activation 2022|
|sponsored by||Central government|
|year of registration||2022|
|Department||Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)|
How To Do UAN Registration or Activation Online
What does UAN mean? Universal account number. This is extremely important for an employee working in an organization as the entire process related to the services of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is now digital or online workable.
UAN Apply Process
Employers who have 20 or more employees are required to obtain Provident Fund registration. Employees with a salary up to Rs 15,000 should be enrolled under the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) scheme.
Employers with less than 20 employees can also voluntarily obtain provident fund registration. Any employer who is registered under the EPF scheme will be able to issue UAN to its employees, who are enrolled under the scheme. This UAN is used as employee identification under EPFO. It is also necessary to login to the EPFO portal.
UAN Activation Process / Know your UAN
The registration process for new users on the EPFO member portal is a short and easy process. To register in the portal, the user is required to follow the steps mentioned below:-
1. First of all, you have to go to the EPFO member’s portal. Visit the following link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Now you have to click on the “Activate UAN” option under the “Important Links” tab available at the bottom right corner of the screen, on the main page of the website. If you are asked to check your UAN then you can go to the link “Know your UAN”
3. On clicking on “Activate UAN” option, the user will be redirected to a new webpage, now you will see some options in which you have to fill the correct information like name, date of birth, email id etc. And to activate the UAN, you You can choose any one option from your Aadhar number or PAN card and UAN or Member ID and after that you will also have to fill the information related to that option.
4. After filling all the details and auto-generated captcha code, the user has to click on the “Get Authorization Pin” option.
5. Thereafter, One Time Password or OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and the user will be redirected to a new webpage.
6. On this new webpage, the user has to confirm the details (UAN, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID) given by him in the previous page.
7. Now you have to click on the “I Agree” check box and in the next box you will have to fill the OTP received on your mobile number and after that you have to click on the “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” button
8. When your registration process is done successfully after that your password is sent to your registered mobile number” and your UAN is activated successfully
Documents required to obtain UAN
- Bank Detail Number, IFSC Code, Branch Name.
- Aadhar Card
- PAN card
- Ration card
- Driver’s license
Features or Benefits of UAN
UAN is a twelve digit number assigned to each member who is contributing to the Employees’ Provident Fund. It enables quick and convenient transfer of funds from one account to another.
As per the new guidelines issued by EPFO, employees do not require verification from their employer for withdrawal of PF amount, provided they have a valid UAN ID. The main objection of UAN is to support centralization of employee data and reduce the dependency of Employees’ Provident Fund Organization on employers for the purpose of employee verification.
At present, the identity of the members is verified by the EPFO through the data received by the employers. With the introduction of UAN, the member’s bank account details and KYC details are linked in such a way that the employee’s identity is verified and established.
UAN will assist EPFO in tracking job changes of every employee. If a person changes his/her job, he/she will have to give the UAN number to his/her employer to link the new PF account.
This way, EPFO will have updated information as to where an individual is employed at any point of time. Also, UAN will prevent people from making unnecessary EPF withdrawals when they switch jobs. With the government bringing in more growth in UAN linked data services, more employees are being made aware of the EPF benefits. Now with the latest amendment of the EPF Act, dormant accounts will also continue to accrue interests.
Some of the main benefits of UAN
- Hassle free transfer of PF balance while changing jobs
- Allows an employee to view PF status, download passbooks and forms and file EPF claims
- UAN provides option and loan facility to avail accumulated funds without employer verification
- Users can subscribe to SMS notifications
- Only one UAN number will be issued to each employee
- change of jobs UAN does not affect the situation
- All EPF accounts to be linked to the same UAN
- Activation of UAN depends on the KYC details submitted by the applicant
- UAN registration is done through Employment Organization
- Linking of UAN can be done online through EPFO portal
- Employees can link all their PF accounts with a single unified account.
- Employees can withdraw their PF online using UAN.
- Transfer of PF amount from old account to new account also becomes easy with UAN.
- Employees can check their EPF balance instantly using UAN member portal. Also, employees can check PF balance by sending SMS with UAN number.
- UAN is an identification number which is independent of employers. If your UAN is Aadhaar and KYC verified then there will be any need for the employer to authenticate your profile.
- UAN will help the employees to manage their PF accounts online and this will mean that no employer will be able to withdraw the PF amount of any employee.
- Employees will be able to track if the company is depositing PF every month or if the company is delaying the PF contribution by simply registering on the UAN portal.
Benefits of Universal Account Number to employees
This Universal Account Number provided by the Central Government is very beneficial for the employees, under this maximum benefits are provided to all the government employees and Universal Account Number is necessary for all government servants to have The main benefits for government employees are as follows
No Employer’s Involvement in PF Withdrawal:
Currently, any request for PF withdrawal has to be passed through your previous employer, signed and then forwarded to the EPFO. With UAN, employer intervention is reduced. The PF money in your previous account is automatically transferred to the new PF account after the completion of KYC verification.
No need to transfer funds:
Transferring PF amount from one employer account to another, used to be a long and tedious process. Once the UAN is generated, there will be no need to transfer the funds. To switch accounts, all you need to do is mention the KYC and UAN details to the new employer.
Once these details are verified by your new employer, the PF amount from the old account will be transferred to the new account automatically. For old PF accounts opened before UAN allotment, the transfer is still done either digitally or physically.
SMS Alerts for easy management:
By registering on the EPF portal, the employee will receive SMS alerts from EPFO when the contribution is made by the employer or employee. The alerts you get on your phone every time you have a debit or credit to your bank savings account will be very similar. By mentioning UAN EPF Portal You can also check your total balance by downloading PF passbook from here.
Follow Us On Social Media