Education means the process of teaching-learning. With the passage of time in our society, it is very important to change the level of education and rules and regulations. If you look carefully at the history of Indian education system, you will get to see major changes from time to time. After the 1986 education policy in independent India, this time there have been major changes in the New Education Policy (NEP) presented in 2020. In this article, we have told about the new rules along with the important information given in the New Education Policy in Hindi 2020 PDF –
new education policy 2020
of India national education policy 2020 By Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank National and Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar 29 July 2020 was presented to. Prior to this, the National Education Policy was implemented in 1986, in which some changes were made in 1992. With the implementation of the New Education Policy 2020, the name of the Ministry of Human Resource Development Ministry of Education Has been done.
Read it – one family one job scheme
When will the new education policy 2020 be implemented?
According to the Ministry of Education, roughly 60 changes are proposed in the new education policy. In which about twenty provisions will be implemented in the first two years. Similarly, around seven provisions are planned to be implemented in 2022 and another 23 provisions in 2023-24.
However, all the proposals will also be implemented in a phased manner by 2035. A high-level committee will also be constituted by the Ministry of Education to implement within this time frame, which will help in running the education policy between the Center and the states.
Read it – Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
Key points of New Education Policy 2020 –
Modi government In this education policy released by the Govt., significant changes have been seen as compared to the old education system. Some of these are as follows –
1. Education will be done in mother tongue till fifth class-
According to the new education policy, till class 5, there will be studies in local, regional and mother tongue. The study of foreign languages will be done from the secondary level. But no language will be taught forcibly.
2. The goal of 2030 Education for All-
The new education policy aims at educating everyone up to secondary level with 100% GER (gross enrollment ratio) in school education by 2030.
3. Changes have taken place in the school education system in the New Education Policy 2020 –
The 10+2 school system was implemented in the old education policy. But in the new education policy, it has been said to implement the new system of 5+3+3+4 for all children of 3 to 18 years. This has been said to be a strong foundation for the early childhood care of children.
Read it – What is Digital Locker or DigiLocker?
4. The goal of New Education Policy 2020 is to connect every child of the country in the main stream of education –
In this education policy, emphasis was laid on making education accessible to every child of the country and their development and improving the educational system by establishing new education centers.
5. Basic Education The emphasis will be on numerical knowledge-
Special emphasis will be given on developing the understanding of addition, subtraction, numerical knowledge at the primary stage of school education.
6. NCRT will decide the curriculum of children up to 8 years-
The National Curriculum and Pedagogical Framework for early care and education for children up to the age of 8 years will be done by the NCERT.
7. Students will give examination only in class III, V and VIII –
In the new education policy, 12 years of school education and three years of Anganwadi have been talked about with pre-schooling. Pre-primary, first and second class means 3 years will come under elementary education. After that 3,4 and 5th education will be given. New subjects will be included in the education from 6th to 8th. Now all the students will take the exam in class 3rd, 5th and 8th. Vocational courses and internships will be started from class VI onwards.
Read it – Berojgari Bhatta Online Registration Uttar Pradesh
8. 6 percent of GDP will be invested in education –
For the New Education Policy 2020, six percent of the GDP will be invested in the education sector. At present it is 4.43 percent. This will increase the possibility of bringing further reforms in education.
9. Equality and inclusion will be everywhere in higher education –
In the New Education Policy 2020, emphasis has been laid on having equal quality in higher level education. Except medical education, all other higher education will have same rules. The target will be to take the gross enrollment ratio in higher education to fifty percent by 2035.
Many important changes have been made in higher education. The degree program will be of 4 years for the students who want to do research. There will be a 3-year program for those who want to do the job.
10. Efforts will be made to strengthen the roots of India’s ideals and policies –
An IITI (Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation) will be established for Pali, Persian and Prakrit languages in the new education policy to ensure protection and development for all languages of India. And the focus will also be on education only in the language.
Read it – How to check your name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
11. Helping students with scholarship –
In the New Education Policy 2020, emphasis has been laid on providing financial help to the students and further streamlining the National Scholarship process. Higher education institutions will be prepared to bring transparency in the matter of charging fees.
12. In the New Education Policy 2020, emphasis has been laid on preparing the infrastructure of digital education –
In view of the current epidemic and the increase in the global epidemic, emphasis has been given in the new education policy to promote online education. A dedicated team will be formed with the objective of digital infrastructure, digital content, and capacity building to make digital infrastructure quality-oriented in school, college, and higher education.
Read it – How to take Mudra Yojana Loan?
Fundamentals of New Education Policy in Hindi 2020 PDF ,
The following are the basic principles and objectives of the New Education Policy 2020 –
- Giving top priority to basic education and numeracy. To enable all children to acquire basic skills such as literacy and numeracy by grade 3.
- To strive for education, identification and development of children based on their specific interests.
- There should be flexibility in education so that learners can choose their own path in life according to their talents and interests.
- Promoting non-discriminatory education. As there should be no separation between arts and sciences, between curricular and extracurricular activities of the school, between academic and vocational streams.
- To undertake holistic development to ensure the unity and integrity of all knowledge.
- The emphasis in the New Education Policy 2020 is on conceptual understanding, not rote method and study only for the examination.
- Promote creative and logical thinking.
- To teach moral, human and constitutional values to the students.
- Emphasis on use of technology as much as possible.
- Emphasis on continuous assessment for learning.
- Emphasizing on being bound by Indian roots and pride.
Read it – When will you get free ration?
History of India’s Education Policies ,
- The first draft of education policy in India was made in 1968 under the chairmanship of eminent scientist DS Kothari.
- The second education policy was implemented in 1986 during the tenure of the Congress.
- Some changes were made in the second education policy in 1992.
- Scientist K. The education policy presented in 2020 under the chairmanship of Kasturirangan is the third and new education policy.
Difference Between New and Old Education Policy –
The main emphasis of the old education policies was on the issues of people’s access to education. But new education policy 2020 Along with educating the people, it aims to prepare them for efficient and modern technology.
Download New Education Policy in Hindi 2020 PDF –
Read it – Mahendra Guru Student Portal