PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Apply 2022 | Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Online Application , PMMSY Application Form in Hindi | pradhan mantri matsya sampada yojana registration | PMMSY Registration Online Apply
Central Government’s PMMSY Scheme is an important program in India under BLUE REVOLUTION Pradhan Mantri matsya sampada yojana 2022 How to apply online, see here pm matsya sampada yojana complete details in Hindi, check PMMSY full form from here and see scheme guidelines. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) is a very important scheme of the government to bring about the blue revolution through sustainable and responsible development of the fisheries sector in India. The government will register 3477 “Sagar Mitra” in coastal fishermen villages and fish farmers producer organizations. (FFPOs) will be encouraged.
The Central Government’s Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) aims to increase the fish production in the country to 220 LMT with an investment of over Rs 20,000 crore in the next five years. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada has been approved to be implemented over a period of 5 years from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25 with a total estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crore.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2022 (PMMSY)
Fisheries and aquaculture are an important source of food, nutrition, employment and income in India. The sector provides livelihood to about 16 million fishermen and fish farmers at the primary level and is almost double that along the value chain. Fish is an inexpensive and rich source of animal protein, making it one of the healthiest options for reducing hunger and malnutrition.
India has the potential to get the first place in the world in fish production, Prime Minister Modi has launched a new strategy to promote fisheries. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2022 has announced. The government has already constituted a separate department for the integrated development of fisheries. The central government has also created a special fund for the development of infrastructure related to the fishing industry. This fund will be used for creation of fish infrastructure facilities in both marine and inland fisheries sectors.
The FIDF (Creation of Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund) fund will be used to attract private investment in building and managing infrastructure. Apart from this, the government will also focus on acquisition of state-of-the-art technologies. FIDF is going to provide concessional finance to state government cooperatives, individuals and entrepreneurs. This finance will be used to take up the identified investment activities of Fisheries Development.
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana 2022 Highlights
|scheme name||Prime Minister Matsya Sampada Yojana 2022|
|sponsored by||Central Government|
|Objective||Supporting fishermen and improving fishing channels etc.|
|Scheme Status||is on now|
|pmmsy guidelines pdf||Click Here|
Some of the goals and objectives of the Government’s Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) are as follows:
- Harnessing the potential of fisheries in a sustainable, responsible, inclusive and equitable manner
- Increase in fish production and productivity through expansion, intensification, diversification and productive use of land and water
- Modernization and Strengthening of Value Chain – Improvement in Post Harvest Management and Quality
- Doubling the income and employment generation of fishermen and fish farmers
- Increasing contribution to agricultural GVA and exports
- Social, physical and economic security for fishermen and fish farmers
- Strong fisheries management and regulatory framework
PMMSY Eligible Beneficiaries
- Fishermen, fish farmers, labourers, vendors, SHGs, Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in the fisheries sector.
- Fisheries Development Corporations, Co-operative Societies, Federations, Entrepreneurs and Private Firms
- Fish Farmer Producer Organizations / Companies (FFPOs / Cs)
- States/UTs and their units including SFDB
- Central Government and its units
MODE OF IMPLEMENATTION
|DLC||1. District level committee under the chairmanship of District Collector / District Deputy Commissioner.
2. Preparation and approval of “Annual District Fisheries Plan” is done by DLC.
3. DLC is responsible for smooth implementation, supervision and monitoring of PMMSY at the district level.
|1. State/UT level approval and monitoring committee headed by senior most Secretary-in-charge of Fisheries Department of the States/UTs.
2. SLAMC/UTLAMC will consolidate all district plan, prepare Fisheries Annual Action Plan, sync it up with the recommendation of NFDB/DoF including projects/proposals.
|PAC||1. Project Appraisal Committee (PAC) headed by Chief Executive Officer (CE), NFDB.
2. NFDB receives proposals on CSS from State/UT after due recommendation by SLAMC/UTLAMC.
3. Upon scrutiny and evaluation of the proposals, the PAC will recommend viable projects to DoF for approval.
|PMU||1. Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) headed by Chief Executive Officer (CE), NFDB to monitor the projects/activities implemented under Centrally Sponsored Scheme of PMMSY.
2. Develop monitoring formats and templates for both CS and CSS components.
|CAC||The Central Apex Committee (CAC), headed by the Secretary (DoF), approves the CS and CSS proposals.|
|PMEU||1. The Project Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (PMEU) is headed by a Joint Secretary in the DoF.
2. To scrutinize the NFDB Action Plan and DPRs/SCPs received under the Central Sector Scheme and periodically monitor and evaluate the projects implemented
PMMSY Scheme PIB Latest Press Release
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMSY) aims to increase fish production to 220 lakh metric tonnes by 2024-25 from 137.58 lakh metric tonnes in 2018-19 at an average annual growth rate of about 9%. The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Giriraj Singh said that the ambitious scheme would double the export earnings to Rs 1,00,000 crore and create about 55 lakh direct and indirect employment opportunities in the fisheries sector.
Dedicating the next five years to PMMSY to fishermen, fish farmers, fish workers, fish vendors and other stakeholders associated with the fisheries sector, Shri Giriraj Singh said that insurance coverage for fishing vessels is being introduced for the first time.
Approved by the Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on May 20, 2020, addressing a press conference on “PMMSY – Plan to bring about Blue Revolution through Sustainable and Responsible Development of Fisheries Sector in India”, Shri An estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crore is envisaged in the scheme by Giriraj Singh.
In which the central share is Rs 9,407 crore, the state share is Rs 4,880 crore and the contribution of the beneficiaries is Rs 5,763 crore. He said that PMMSY will be implemented over a period of 5 years in all States/UTs from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024- 25.
Download complete PMMSY Scheme PIB Press Release Click Here
Creation of Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund (FIDF)
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the creation of the Creation of Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund (FIDF).
FIDF will provide concessional finance to State Governments/ UTs and State Institutions, Co-operative Societies, Individuals and Entrepreneurs etc. to take up the identified investment activities in fisheries development.
PMMSY Scheme Official Launch
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the launch of a new scheme named Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana in the Union Budget on 5 July 2019. Under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, the government will convert India into a hotspot for fish and aquatic products. The scheme will address the critical infrastructure gap in the fisheries sector.
The Union Budget 2019-20 intended to promote aquaculture through PM Kisan Yojana, thereby ensuring easy access to credit. In addition, the central government intends to provide extended coverage for accident insurance to all fishermen under all farmer welfare programs and social security schemes.
Follow Us On Social Media