Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Yojana 2022 It has been started to provide quality medicines at affordable prices. Under this new Janaushadhi scheme of the central government, medicines are made available at affordable prices. Branded (generic) drugs are sold at a much higher price than their unbranded generic counterparts, although similar in therapeutic value. In view of the widespread poverty across the country, everyone will benefit from making available quality generic medicines at reasonable prices in the market.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Yojana (PMBJP) It is a campaign started by the Department of Pharmaceuticals to make available quality medicines at affordable cost to the masses. PMBJP stores have been established to provide generic medicines, which are available at low cost but at par with expensive branded medicines in quality and efficacy. It was launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in November 2008 under the name of Janaushadhi Abhiyan. Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) is the implementing agency for PMBJP.
Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Yojana Mission and Objectives
To bring down the healthcare budget of every citizen of India through providing quality generic medicines at affordable prices.
- To create public awareness about generic drugs. To create demand for generic drugs through medical practitioners.
- Create awareness through education and awareness programs so that high value is synonymous with high quality.
- Providing commonly used generic drugs covering all therapeutic groups.
- All related health care products also provided under the scheme etc.
Providing quality medicines especially to the poor and underprivileged, especially through “Jan Ashadhi Medical Store”, so as to reduce out-of-pocket expenditure in health care.
New Post: PM jan aushadhi yojana – Jan Aushadhi Yojana Application 2022
Janaushadhi Stores (JAS)
- All medical medicines are made available from Janaushadhi Store.
- Apart from medicines and surgical goods supplied by BPPI, Jan Aushadhi stores sell medical products generally sold in chemist shops to improve the viability of running Jan Aushadhi stores.
- OTC (over-the-counter) products can be purchased by anyone without a prescription. A prescription from a registered medical practitioner is required for the purchase of scheduled medicines.
- BPPI (Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India) has been set up under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India in collaboration with all CPSUs to coordinate procurement, supply and marketing of generic drugs through Jan Aushadhi Bhandar.
- The quality, safety and efficacy of medicines are ensured by laboratories tested by each batch of medicines procured from CPSUs as well as NABL approved private suppliers and required BPPI before being supplied from warehouse to Supers stockists/ Jan Ayush stores. conforms to the standards.
Who can open a Janaushadhi Store?
State Governments or any organization / reputed NGO / Trust / Private Hospital / Charitable Institution / Doctor / Unemployed Pharmacist / Individual Entrepreneur are eligible to apply for New Jan Ashadhi Store. Applicants must be employing a B Pharma / D Pharma degree holder as Pharmacist in their proposed store.
Requirements for opening a Jan Aushadhi stores
- Applications will be submitted to BPPI either online or offline.
- The minimum space approved by BPPI for opening a Jan Aushadhi store should be 120 square feet
- Drug license and other permission to run a drug shop in the name of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra”. Compliance of all statutory requirements for storage of medicines shall be ensured by the applicant.
- For individuals, Aadhar and PAN card is mandatory.
- Documents include Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Certificate of Incorporation and Registration Certificate for Institutions/NGOs/Charitable Institutions/Hospitals etc.
- The government/government designated agency documents include the department’s details, which has allotted space along with supporting documents/approval orders, PAN card and Aadhar card.
- Proof of securing a Pharmacist with computer knowledge (Name of Pharmacist, Registration with State Council etc. needs to be furnished).
- Financial ability to run the store backed by audited accounts for the last three years (bank statements for the last 03 years or approval letter from the bank for grant of loan in case of individuals)
Online Apply for Opening a Jan Aushadhi Kendra
You can submit your applications online and offline also:-
- Online: Click here to access the official website and submit your application online Click Here
- Offline: Download the form Click Here and print. Fill it in the prescribed format and post it to the address given below:
The General Manager (Marketing & Sales),
Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI),
8th Floor Videocon Tower, Block E1,
Jhandewalan Extension, New Delhi – 110055
Tel – 011-49431800
Follow Us On Social Media