Gram Ujala Yojana is being run by the Union Ministry of Power, Government of Modi. Under this scheme, 7 watt and 12 watt LED bulbs will be distributed in rural areas for just 10 rupees. So let us know what are the main features of Gram Ujala Yojana 2022 and the process to take benefits?
Gram Ujala Yojana 2022 –
Gram Ujala Yojana is being run by the Union Ministry of Power to promote the use of modern LED bulbs in the rural areas of India in place of 100 watt yellow light bulbs. Under this scheme, good quality LED bulbs will be distributed in rural areas at a cost of just Rs 10.
You will remember when the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the UJALA scheme. At that time the average price of LED bulbs in the market used to be more than Rs.300. But under the Ujala scheme, getting LED bulbs at a cost of just Rs 70 helped a lot in saving electricity.
Also read – Indira Awas Yojana Bihar Candidate List
Main features of Gram Ujala Yojana –
- Under this scheme, there is a plan to distribute 60 crore LED bulbs.
- There is no provision of any kind of government subsidy or funding in the Gram Ujala Scheme.
- The LED bulbs to be distributed under this scheme will be manufactured by the subsidiary unit Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) company.
- This program run by the central government is completely under the control of the United Nations. carbon credit (Carbon Credits).
- Under the scheme, the traditional bulbs of 100 watts will be replaced by LED bulbs of 7 and 12 watts.
- Those houses which do not have meter installed will not get the benefit of Gram Ujala Yojana.
- A customer will be given a maximum of 5 LED bulbs.
Also read – One Time Solution Scheme UP
How to take advantage of Gram Ujala Yojana? ,
The benefit of this scheme will be given by setting up camps in rural areas. The plan is to be implemented in several phases.
The first phase of the scheme –
Gram Ujala Yojana In the first phase, 1.5 crore cheap and good quality LEDs will be distributed in these areas of five states of the country.
|A state in Eastern India||jigsaw|
|Gujarat||Villages in Western Gujarat|
Objectives of Gram Ujala Yojana –
Gram Ujala Yojana has been launched by the United Nations with the objective of saving electricity, promoting the use of LED bulbs, climate adaptation and reducing carbon emissions in the country. If government data is to be believed, then the successful completion of this scheme will help in saving 202.5 units of electricity annually.
Along with this, poor families will get more benefit in low electricity bill and due to reduction in bill, the economic burden will also be reduced.
Also read – Easy Installment Scheme Uttar Pradesh
Question and Answer (FAQ)-
When was the Gram Ujala Yojana started?
Gram Ujala Yojana was launched in Uttar Pradesh on 19 March 2021. For the first time in Varanasi, under this scheme, domestic LED bulbs have been started for Rs.
Also read – Kisan Mitra Energy Scheme Rajasthan