Indian postal department Five Star Village Scheme It was started on 10 September 2020. This scheme has been prepared to reach the benefits of government schemes to the people through active postal services in rural areas. This will ensure the activism and universality of the Department of Posts even in the remote rural areas of the country. In this post we five star village scheme All the important information related to this has been shared with you in Hindi –
Five Star Village Scheme –
It is often seen that the facilities of postal products are not available in the remote villages of India. The reason for this may be lack of awareness among the people or lack of activity of the postal department. Efforts will be made to remove these shortcomings through the 5 Star Gaon Yojana.
This scheme will first be started as a pilot project in the country. 10 districts of Maharashtra have been selected for the preliminary trial. The target is to cover a total of 50 villages by identifying 5 villages in each district. After the success of the scheme, it will be launched across the country.
post office Through this scheme villages will be given one star, two star, three star, four star and five star status. The star will be decided on the basis of the number of postal facilities that the village will be connected to. By doing this, it will be easy to determine the level of delivery of basic postal savings facilities to all remote villages.
new update –
In March 2021, the Five Star Village Scheme was launched by the Postal Department of Andhra Pradesh. Its main features are as follows –
- All postal products and services available at village level will be promoted under the scheme.
- It aims to ensure that at least 100 households are covered under postal products
Objective of five star villages scheme –
The main objective of this scheme is to reach the rural areas with the benefit of savings schemes and facilities of the Department of Posts. Due to which public awareness and development of villages will be ensured even in the remotest villages of the country. Along with the development of villages, giving more activity to the postal department in the country will make it easier for the benefits of government schemes to reach the people of the village. For this, the postal department will be prepared for a one stop solution for the villagers.
Salient Features of Five Star Village Scheme –
- The trial of the scheme will be done with 50 villages of Maharashtra. 5-5 villages of its ten districts have been included.
- Under the scheme, the Department of Posts has included government insurance and savings schemes.
- Teams of 5-5 personnel of postal department will be formed for marketing of facilities in all villages. It will be monitored by the Post Master of the nearest post office of the village on a daily basis.
- To spread public awareness about the scheme, door-to-door publicity will be spread.
- Advertisement will be done using Gram Panchayat, School, Dispensary, Bus Depot, Fairs etc.
Five Star villages Scheme Features –
The following schemes have been included under this scheme. Which are run by the Central Government and the Indian Postal Department.
1. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Accounts / PPF Accounts –
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small savings scheme run by the Central Government. This scheme helps to collect money for girls’ education and marriage. In this, interest of more than 8 percent is available annually. It has been started under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign. PPF Account There is a type of FD account. In this, 1.5 lakh annual investment gets tax exemption under section 80C.
2. Savings Bank Accounts, Recurring Deposit Accounts, NSC/KVP –
Savings bank accounts earn an interest rate of 2.7 to 4 percent or more annually. You can open a recurring deposit account in a bank or post office. In this, the bank gives you a good interest rate on a certain amount deposited every month.
NSC It means – National Saving Certificate whereas KVP stands for Kisan Vikas Patra.
Five Star Village Scheme 2021
3. Postal Life Insurance Policy / Rural Postal Life Insurance Policy –
Postal life insurance policy is a type of insurance policy. In which a policy of 15 years or 20 years can be purchased. Bonus up to 40 percent is available after a certain period. Rural Postal Life Insurance Policy is the oldest life insurance policy in India. It was started by the British for the first time in 1884.
4. India Post Payment Bank Savings Account –
IPPB i.e. India Post Payment Bank Saving Account is started by India Post. There are three types of regular, digital and basic accounts. It gives an interest of up to 4 percent per annum.
5. Accounts of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana / Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana –
In the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), the government gives a death insurance of Rs 2 lakh on depositing Rs 330 annually. In this scheme, people from 18 years to 50 years are included. In the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana PMSBY, the government gives accident insurance of 2 lakhs at an annual premium of only Rs 12.
? These five schemes have been included under the five star village scheme. The number of schemes a village joins, it will get as many stars. On this basis it will be decided which village is at which level. Each village can participate in 4 out of the above 5 schemes. The village which is connected with 4 schemes will get four star status and the one which is connected with three facilities will get three star status.
How the Five Star Villages Scheme will work –
- A team of 5-5 Gramin Dak workers will be formed for the successful implementation of Five Star Gaon Yojana.
- They will be prepared after training for the scheme.
- After this, the team of these rural dak sevaks will be given the responsibility of each village.
- All the teams will go from house to house to spread the publicity of the scheme and make people aware.
- Daily evaluation of all the works will be done by the Post Master of the branch.
- The Divisional Head, Inspector and Assistant Superintendent will supervise and plan the scheme.
Special for you
Know about Kisan Bill in Hindi PDF Available
What is Har Ghar Pani Har Ghar Cleaning Mission?