Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has launched Odia Virtual Academy website ova.gov.in/de to preserve the resources of Odia language and culture of the state. This will help the state government. To present Oriya to the present and future generation as the language of knowledge and science which will uphold the “dignity” of the nation. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Odia Virtual Academy website or OVA Portal
What is Odia Virtual Academy Website or OVA Portal?
The OVA Portal includes libraries, magazines, dictionaries, information. On cultural dance and music and even translation for Oriya language. OVA website also includes links to other Odia websites, OVA webinars, virtual classes, online certification courses, citizen book uploads, Odia software, Odia font, workshops, Odia blog and language learning. All the details about Odia language are present in the official ova.gov.in Which will provide all the necessary information about the language.
The first and foremost objective of launching OVA is to portray the past and present before the future generation to identify and broaden Odia as the language of knowledge and science. The dignity of a nation mainly depends on its language and culture. Keeping this in mind, it will deliberately preserve and develop the various resources of Odia language and culture to present it as the language of knowledge and science before the present and future generation.
Objectives of Odia Virtual Academy
The primary objectives behind the launch of Odia Virtual Academy websites are as follows:-
- Digitization of around 5000 rare and copyright free books and setting up of a free digital library by 2021.
- Digitization of various dictionaries currently available and uploading on Odia Virtual Academy website for free access to citizens.
- Promoting Odia Unicode fontfaces through standardization of typing keyboards and making them affordable to the masses in the coming 6 months.
- Developed and uploaded to Odia Virtual Academy a primer for easy learning and speaking of Odia by English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish people.
Objective of Odia Virtual Academy
The OVA website will serve the following purposes to protect the integrity of the Odia language:-
- Rare Odia books, glossaries, ancient journals, traditional music, ancient documents, literature on science and history, folk culture, tribal language and literature, history-oriented essays, folk culture, speeches of great personalities, Shri Jagannath digitized and preserved to culture, temples and architecture.
- To preserve the remarkable contribution of poets, writers, playwrights, journalists, critics, translators and literary giants who enriched and preserved the treasure of Odia language.
- Focusing on, working and promoting the recent trend of application of computer and internet based language resources.
- Ensuring simple and easy use of Oriya language in computers; Liaison with competent government/private organizations, institutions, academies and universities of the country/state for relevant research work.
- To develop an Internet-based dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia in Odia, although vocabulary and grammar are important to the language.
- To provide online/internet based linguistic and cultural resources in view of the increasingly popular trend of online service and information access.
- To promote and publicize the use and application of uni-code font faces universally and on the Internet.
- To make Odia computer typing easy and economical at all levels to provide software or typing tools at affordable or free of cost.
- To create a conducive environment to enrich the Oriya virtual treasure by showcasing contemporary and new generations.
- To facilitate, promote and simplify transliteration from other languages to Oriya.
The OVA website will develop an Internet-based dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia in Odia, although vocabulary and grammar are important for any language.