The ambitious Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan (MJSA) has been launched in Rajasthan. Rajasthan Jal Swavalamban Yojana will play an essential role in climate change adaptation and water harvesting objectives with the use of hi-tech applications. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of Mukhyamantri Jal Sanrakshan Abhiyan including objectives, features, sign up, login process on the Water Resources Department (Jal Sansthan) portal mjsa.water.rajasthan.gov.in.
About Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan – MJSA Mission
- Rajasthan is the largest state in the country with an area of 343 lakh hectares. Out of this, only 168 lakh hectare is cultivable land. The state has 101 lakh hectares of land under barren land.
- The Aravalli ranges extending from southwest to northeast divide the state into two parts; The best position is the Thar Desert, which covers about 60% of the state’s area. Annual rainfall is 100 mm in the dry hot west and 900 mm in the southeast. Generally out of five years, 3 years are drought affected i.e. untimely, erratic and varied distribution of rainfall, it is responsible for unstable crop production. Due to the high intensity of rain in a short time, a large part of the rainfall goes to waste. Due to lack of water harvesting structures in the watershed area, the runoff is not properly utilized resulting in continuous fall in the water level of the wells.
- Generally, the duration of rainfall is longer in Rajasthan, which adversely affects the crop production. Due to the decline in the crop production of the farmer and the conversion of arable land into barren land, there is a shortage of fuel, fodder, milk, resulting in their weak socio-economic status.
- The main reason for this situation is the lack of water. If the Watershed Department does the work of preparing an action plan in coordination with other departments, then it will definitely be able to provide water for drinking water and assured irrigation.
- Since the state has 75 per cent rural population which is dependent on agriculture and livestock for their livelihood, the Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan is needed to utilize the four waters- rain, runoff, groundwater and in-situ in the light of these conditions of the state. Needed. Soil moisture having watershed or cluster/index catchment as a unit for western Rajasthan where there is little rainfall and no defined drainage line.
Objectives of Rajasthan Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Yojana
Some of the objectives of Rajasthan Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Yojana are as follows:-
- Rise of self-sufficient villages.
- Rise in groundwater level, availability of surface runoff in the main stream of watershed and availability of drinking water.
- Increase in irrigated area, cultivable area and crop production.
- Change in cropping pattern.
- Reduction in sediments suspended in running water of main streams and reduction in ground water depletion.
Scope of Rajasthan Jal Swalamban Yojana
In order to save the villages of Rajasthan from drought, water harvesting and conservation works will be implemented with the funds available under the State Departments, NGOs, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Jan Bhagidari, Non-Resident Rural Clubs (NRV Clubs) etc. . Intelligent water budgeting for sustainable solutions. In the first year about 3000 villages will be identified on priority basis and in the coming 3 years, by covering about 6000 villages every year, 21000 villages of the state will be benefited from the mission and permanent solution will be achieved by making them self-reliant. water conditions. In the remaining villages, the works will be implemented as per the priority list in a phased manner.
Institutional arrangement for Rajasthan Chief Minister Water Conservation Scheme
- State Rural Water Conservation Mission
- State Level Guidance Committee
- State Level Working Group
- District Level Monitoring Committee
- district level committee
- block level committee
- Village level committee will prepare action plan
Approval of District Action Plan
The District Mission Plan will be issued by the District Collector after obtaining approval from the District Level Committee on the priority of the works approved by the Gram Sabha.
Preparation of priority list of villages by Rajasthan Jal Sansthan Department
- Villages where IWMP / other watershed projects like “Four Water Concept” etc. are approved.
- Villages where drinking water is not potable or has high fluoride content.
- Villages where drinking water has been supplied through tankers during the last five years.
- Villages which have been declared famine/deficit during the last five years.
- Village where 70% of the agricultural land is dependent on rainfall.
- Model village under Chief Minister, MP, MLA and other schemes.
- The villages come under the cluster in the forest department.
- Villages willing to participate/contribute to this scheme.
Administrative / Financial / Technical Sanction
Administrative and financial approval of the amount received under “Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan” will be issued by the District Collector or his authorized officer after the approval of the District Level Committee constituted under the chairmanship of the District Collector. The sanction of departmental works will be issued by the competent authority as per the guidelines of the mission. Detailed instructions will be issued separately.
Technical approval will be issued by the competent technical officer of the concerned department. Under “Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan”, a separate record and register of technical approvals will be maintained by the technical officers authorized by the District Collector.
Highlights of the mission to reduce Chief Minister’s water crisis
- Making villages self-sufficient in water and making “Island of Excellence”
- Four year programme, each phase of one year
- Launched in 295 blocks of 33 districts
- people’s participation
- Raising financial resources from multiple sources- line departments, NGOs, corporate houses, religious trusts, non-resident villagers, social groups etc.
- use of technology
- Construction of low cost water harvesting structures on watershed approach
Progress of Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Yojana
- Total villages covered – 23,653
- Total Work – 681,142
- Total Donations – 673,083,183
Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Yojana Registration 2021 / Login
Given below is the complete procedure to do Rajasthan Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Yojana registration to fund the campaign.
Phase 1: Firstly go to the official portal of Rajasthan Water Resources Department http://mjsa.water.rajasthan.gov.in/
Rajasthan Government Schemes 2021Rajasthan Government Scheme HindiPopular Schemes in Rajasthan:Public Information Portal Rajasthan Ration Card ListRTE Rajasthan Admission 2021-22
step 2: On the homepage, click on “Sign upClick the link in the header or directly https://sso.rajasthan.gov.in/register
step 3: After registering, applicants can login to the official Rajasthan Water Resources Department portal by clicking on “SSO Login / Sign InClick the link in the header or directly https://sso.rajasthan.gov.in/signin.
step 4: Then the page to create Rajasthan Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Abhiyan login page is shown below:-
Step 5: Here enter the Digital Identity (SSO ID / Username) and Password and click on “”log inButton to login Mukhyamantri Jal Swavalamban Yojana.
IT Building, Yojna Bhawan Complex, Tilak Marg, C-Scheme, Jaipur, Rajasthan India – 302005,
E-mail: [email protected]
For more information about Jal Swavalamban Yojana, visit the official website http://mjsa.water.rajasthan.gov.in/