Gujarat Government. Launched PNG/LPG Sahay Yojana to provide subsidized piped natural gas to BPL families. Under this scheme, the State Govt. Going to provide a one-time subsidy of Rs. 1,600 for each connection/BPL family. In addition Govt. Will also provide loan amount of Rs. 1725 consumers who are seeking new PNG connections. If this scheme is successful than the government in the state. Will implement this PNG/LPG subsidy scheme across the country.
What is PNG/LPG Sahay Yojana 2021
PNG/LPG Sahay Yojana is an extension of PM Modi’s Ujjwala scheme. This scheme is going to completely replace kerasone and will provide clean fuel to BPL families. Gujarat is the first state to launch PNG scheme for AAY (Antyodaya Anna Yojana) and BPL (Below Poverty Line) category families in selected urban areas across the country.
Since the Ujjwala scheme does not cover urban AAY/BPL families, the scheme will complement the Ujjwala scheme. Initially, the urban AAY/BPL households will be benefited with the help of city gas distribution companies and state-owned oil marketing companies.
PNG / LPG Sahay Yojana – Subsidized PNG to BPL / AAY families
The chief executive officer of the state government is the nodal officer for this LPG/PNG Sahay Yojana 2021. This new scheme will cover the remaining urban AAY/BPL families of Ujjwala scheme and will provide a clean fuel for domestic purposes. state government. This scheme has been started to replace kerosene in Bharuch district. The important features and salient features of this new subsidized PNG to BPL family scheme are as follows:-
- Under this PNG/LPG Sahay Yojana, State Govt. Will pay Rs. 1,600 as one-time subsidy per connection.
- The government will also give Rs. 1,725 as loan to customers for opting for new PNG connection.
- Beneficiaries will now have to pay only Rs. 118 for new PNG/LPG connections. People will also have to deposit a refundable security deposit of Rs. 50 hrs for a period of 100 months.
- state government. There is a pipeline network of about 25,000 km for urban gas distribution (CGD) companies that will support the scheme. In Gujarat also 18 lakh families are connected with PNG.
- The scheme will be expanded to other municipal corporations and districts in the next phase of this pilot project.
- The new PNG/LPG Sahay Yojana 2021 is basically for BPL families in urban areas where gas distribution network already exists.
This new policy for PNG households will give a big boost towards clean cooking fuel. The Chief Minister also started many other programs like Kabirwad Vikas Project, Mukhyamantri Apprentice Yojana. 4500 per month stipend and Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan for water conservation.