The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in India has launched the Khelo India program. Under the Khelo India Scheme, Govt. Will provide training to athletes and their coaches to enhance their performance at the international level (Olympics). This game will be the best tournament to be held at school, college or university level. central government. Had spent Rs. 1756 crores on this revamped Khelo India scheme for the period 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20. For 2020-21, Govt. Had spent Rs. 1800.15 crores whereas for 2021-22, the Central Govt. Has allocated Rs. 2596.14 crore.
Colonel Rajyavardhan Rathore (Minister of State, I / C) announced that the Central Government. 1000 athletes are being selected under ‘Pan Indian Sports Scholarship Scheme’. In addition, the government. Will provide financial assistance and resources up to Rs 5 lakh for 8 years. Also Govt. Each subsequent year will add 1000 athletes. Subsequently, the primary objective of the scheme is to promote “sports for all”.
The objective of this program is to mainstream sports for the development of individuals, community, economy and thus to promote national development. According to the statement, it will mark a ‘watershed movement’ in the history of the game. The scheme will cover around 200 million children in the age group of 10-18 years.
Components of Khelo India Program
There are 12 important components of the Khelo India program which are specified below: –
|Playground development||Community coaching development||State Level Khelo India Center|
|Annual sports competition||Talent search and development||Use and build / upgrade game infrastructure|
|Support to National / Regional / State Sports Academies||Physical fitness of school going children||Sports for women|
|Promoting Sports among Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)||Games for peace and development||Promoting rural and indigenous / tribal sports|
Eligibility Criteria for Khelo India Program
The Khelo India program is a national plan / scheme for the development of sports in India. It was launched in the year 2018 by the then Sports Minister, Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore in Delhi. This program has been started to improve the sports culture in India. The eligibility criteria for the Khelo India program is given below:
- Candidates under 17 years of age can participate in the under-17 category.
- Candidates under the age of 21 can participate in the under-21 category.
What are the objectives of Khelo India program
With the objective of mainstreaming sports as a tool for national development, economic development, community development and personal development, the Union Cabinet strengthened the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan’ (formerly called ‘Youth Sports’) ‘Khelo India’ program and execution of ‘Sports Campaign’), ‘Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme’ and National Sports Talent Search System Program ‘. The program seeks to promote “sports for excellence” as well as “sports for all”. The main objectives of the Khelo India program initiated by the Central Government are: –
- It will be a central sector scheme (a scheme implemented by the central government machinery and 100% funding by the central government).
- It is an all-India sports scholarship scheme covering 1000 most qualified and talented athletes in sports discipline every year.
- The selected athletes will be entitled to scholarship amount of five lakh rupees for eight consecutive years.
- It is an unprecedented scheme, the first to be implemented to create a long-term development path for athletes.
- To enable the player to advance in both studies and sports, the program aims to identify and promote 20 universities in the country as centers of sports distinction.
- The latest user-friendly technology will be used to promote the games. Examples: Geographical Information System (GIS) for locating sports infrastructure, a user-friendly website for indigenous sports, a national sports talent search portal and information dissemination for sports training through a mobile app.
- To ensure maximum entries for the organized sports competitions, the program encourages schools and colleges to conduct programs of high standards.
- Creating an active population with a healthy lifestyle is also the focus of this program. For this purpose, a national physical fitness drive is planned, where physical fitness of children falling in the age group of 10-18 years will be examined. In addition, activities will be planned to support their physical fitness.
- It aims to impact the entire sports ecosystem, including the sports economy, competition structure, talent recognition, coaching and infrastructure.
- The program is planned to involve youth living in disadvantaged and troubled areas in sports activities so that they can be brought into the mainstream in the process of nation building and kept away from disruptive activities.
Khelo India Program Requirement
The importance of sports and fitness in one’s life is invaluable. Playing the game leads to the development of team spirit, strategic and analytical thinking, leadership skills, goal setting and risk taking. A healthy and healthy person leads an equally healthy society and a strong nation. Sports is an extremely important component for the overall development of our nation. India has made steady progress in the field of sports in the last few years. This tremendous potential needs to be demonstrated on the global stage. It is time that we inspire young talent, give them top-level infrastructure and the highest level of training.
We need to instill a strong sense of participation in sports which enables players to showcase their true potential. Only then can India realize its dream of becoming a sports superpower. The Khelo India program has been launched to revive sports culture in India at the grassroots level by creating a strong framework for all sports played in our country and establishing India as a great sports nation.
Central Government Schemes 2021Popular Schemes at the Center:Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2021PM Housing Scheme Rural (PMAY-G) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Launch Date – Khelo India program started in which year?
The Khelo India National Program for Development of Sports, branded as Khelo India (or Play India), aims at grassroots India’s sports culture through organized talent recognition, structured sports competitions and infrastructure development. Have to improve. It is a program of the Government of India that was launched in 2016-17 under the tenure of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sports Ministers K Vijay Goel and Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore. The Khelo India program will include sports such as archery, athletics, badminton, basketball, boxing, football, gymnastics, hockey, judo, kabaddi, kho-kho, shooting, swimming, volleyball, weightlifting and wrestling.
Game Structure in Khelo India Program
Highlights of Khelo India program (for athletes)
Important features and details of this revamped Khelo India scheme are: –
- These are the best tournaments for school level, college level or university level students.
- This new Khelo India program will affect the entire game ecosystem including community sports, infrastructure development, talent identification, special coaching and competition.
- The scheme will provide a suitable environment for the athletes so that they can focus on their preparation without any hindrance.
- The Khelo India campaign will promote 150 schools and 20 universities as central centers of sports excellence.
- The government will select 1000 athletes every year and offer them an annual scholarship of Rs 5,00,000 for 8 years and also track their performance. Apart from this, 1000 athletes will be added every year.
- The plan will target the Olympics of 2024 and 2028 and provide specialized training to spot talent to become medalists. Apart from this, it will also create amazing bench strength for many sports.
Khelo India Program for Coaches
The program will also provide training to the trainers. central government. To promote sports will focus on professionalism, responsibility and accountability. Subsequently, the scheme will upgrade the skills of coaches on a regular basis to create multiple coaches for various sports. The Union Government will appoint high performance managers to look after the athletes. These hired coaches will report to the Ministry on the progress of athletes at regular intervals.
central government. Khelo India scheme launched earlier for infrastructure development. But now the central government. Khelo India will focus on providing special training to athletes and coaches under the School Games. The scheme will give an opportunity to play, identify talent and create multiple levels of competition.
For more information on the Khelo India program, please see the link given below – https://yas.nic.in/sites/default/files/Khelo%20India-%20National%20Programme%20for%20Development%20of%20Sports%20Scheme.-ilovepdf-compressed.pdf