Usernames play a decisive role in your gaming career. It’s not a shame to go for the first thing that comes to mind when creating your account, but no one wants to become a world champion with a name like “360noScope420BlazeIt”.
If you now came up with the perfect name and want to change your username in Fortnite, the process is considerably easier than in other games. Renaming used to be a premium feature in previous titles, so take advantage of the fact that you can use your creativity whenever you want in Epic Games’ battle royale.
The username that appears while playing Fortnite It’s called the screen name of Epic Games. Any changes made to your Epic Games screen name will also alter your username in any title that uses the feature within the Epic Games store.
This is all you need to know to change your in-game name in Fortnite.
How can you change your username in Fortnite and other Epic titles?
You can do it through official website of Fortnite or the Epic Games launcher.
Starting with the method of website , you will need to click on the Login button which should be located in the upper right corner of the screen. Click No in the message that will appear and press the Login button that will be at the bottom of the login menu.
Enter your information and log into your account. The login process should take you back to the main page and your username will appear in the upper right corner of your screen. Click on your name and then on the “Account” option at the top of the drop-down menu.
Your screen name will be in the “General” tab and you can change it by clicking on the pencil icon next to it.
If not, you can log into the Epic Games launcher and click your name in the lower left corner. Click Manage Account in the menu that should appear, and the Fortnite It should appear on its own, which will take you to the last step of the initial method.
Keep in mind that you will be able to change your username every two weeks, so you will have more opportunities to use that cool name that you just came up with.
How to change your name from Fortnite on PS4 and PS5?
If you play on PC they will be able to change their name more frequently, but if you play on PS4 and PS5 you will only be able to change your name once for free. To implement subsequent changes you will have to pay, so you want to find the best possible name to make the most of your first free name change.
You can change the name of your PlayStation Network (PSN) in your console settings, but doing so in a browser is relatively simpler and does not require you to turn on the console.
- Go to the official website of PlayStation Network and log in with your data.
- Click on the My PlayStation button that will be next to your name
- Choose Profile
- Click the Edit Profile button below your profile picture
- Select the Edit button next to your Online Username.
- Accept the terms to enter your new name
After completing the process, your name in Fortnite It will change, but so will your PSN identity. This means that you will change your name in the other games you play on your PS4 or PS5. If you want to make name changes to Fortnite additionally, you will have to pay a fee of around $ 5 for PS Plus subscribers and $ 10 for non-subscribers.
How to change your name from Fortnite on Xbox Series X / S and Xbox One?
Like PlayStation users, gamers Fortnite on Xbox One they will also have to change their gamertags to play Fortnite with a different name. Although you can change your name simply by logging into the official Xbox website, Microsoft’s integration can be a bit more complicated.
To change your name from Fortnite On Xbox Series X and S, you will need to:
- Go to the Xbox home screen.
- Choose your profile in the upper left corner of the screen
- Select My Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click Customize Profile
- Select your current username and you can change your gamertag
- You will need to verify the availability of your new username before finalizing the process.
To change your name from Fortnite On Xbox One, you will need to:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller
- Go to the Profile and System tab and choose gamertag
- Click on My Profile and select Customize Profile
- Tap on your current gamertag and you can edit it.
- Decide what your new username will be and check if it is available before completing the process
How to change your name from Fortnite on Nintendo Switch?
Unlike other consoles like PlayStation and Xbox, the Nintendo Switch relies on Epic’s own network when it comes to deciding the names of the players in the game. That means you can change your name in Fortnite without changing your Nintendo username.
In other words, you can change your name from Fortnite via the game’s official website. You will be able to log in with your Nintendo Account if you have not logged into the website before.
- Go to website official of Fortnite
- Click on the Login button in the upper right corner of your screen
- Choose your preferred login method and enter your details
- After logging into your account, you will return to the main page.
- The Login button will be replaced with your current in-game name.
- Click on your username and choose Account from the drop-down menu
- Go to the General tab and select the pencil icon next to your name to change it
How to change your name from Fortnite on mobile devices?
Similar to Nintendo Switch, mobile device users can simply change their names from Fortnite via the Epic website. Neither Google nor Apple force their players to have gamertags that are used in every title they play.
To change your name from Fortnite On a mobile device, you will need a computer or a web browser.
- Go to Go to website official of Fortnite
- Click Sign in and sign in with your preferred method
- After logging into the website, you should go back to the main page.
- The Login button will be replaced by your username.
- Click on your username and choose Account
- Head to the General tab and click the pencil button next to your name to make your changes.