The number of hotels is increasing day by day, along with this the hospitality industry is also growing a lot. That’s why hotel management courses are also becoming quite popular day by day. Students having interest in this field can easily take admission in hotel management course after 12th. Let us know what are the career options in this field and what kind of jobs and salary can be found after the course.
What is Hotel Management Course
Hotel Management course helps you to cover all aspects of hotel or hospitality service like sales and marketing of food and beverages, front office, accounting, food production, housekeeping and many skills in kitchen. Many government and private colleges in India offer degree and diploma courses in hotel management. Today this course has become an attractive and exciting course for many students.
Qualification for Hotel Management Course
To do hotel management degree or diploma course, students must be 12th pass. To get selected for post-graduation, you should be any recognized hotel management graduate. Candidate applying for hotel management course should have the ability to handle controversies and criticisms patiently. The candidate must be courteous and cooperative towards the guest in all respects.
You can take entry in the hotel management industry after doing a variety of courses. In which you can also do diploma, graduate and post graduate courses. Different colleges have their own criteria for admission, but you must have at least 50 percent marks in 10th and 12th.
Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Services
- Diploma in Front Office
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma in House Keeping
Here is the list of graduate courses in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management in Food and Beverage
List of Post Graduate Programs in Hotel Management
- Master of Hotel Management
- Master of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
- Master of Business Administration in Hotel Management
How to take admission in Hotel Management Course
You can take admission for Hotel Management College by filling the application form of a particular college or by appearing in the national level entrance exam for the same. Many universities also conduct their own entrance exam for admission to hotel management courses. You can select the university of your choice and track their admission process by regularly visiting their official portal.
List of Top Colleges for Hotel Management Course
- Indian Institute of Hotel Management, Ahmedabad
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition, Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Kerala
- Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Udupi
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Lucknow
- Department of Hotel Management, Christ University, Bangalore
- Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition, Punjab
job and salary
After doing hotel management course, you can get a job in a hotel from manager to many positions. In the beginning your package may be of 2-3 lakhs but only after some experience you get good growth. After working for about 10 years, you can reach a good package. If you get a job in a five or seven star hotel, then your salary can be many times more than this. Apart from this, you also get a chance to work in big hotels in the country and abroad.
read this also
Javed Akhtar compares RSS with Taliban, tremendous protests are taking place outside the house
FIR will be registered against CM Bhupesh Baghel’s father, objectionable statement was given regarding Brahmin society
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI