According to the latest update, schools in Tamil Nadu will be reopened from September 1. Earlier it was being said that the decision on reopening the school in Tamil Nadu would be taken only after August 20. But according to recent reports, schools from class 9th to 12th will be opened in the state from September 1 with 50 percent capacity. For this, Tamil Nadu government has also issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which are mandatory for all to follow.
Many conditions have been laid for the opening of Tamil Nadu schools such that teachers and health workers will undergo mandatory health check-up from next week. Eligible students and staff will have to get vaccinated and if they show any symptoms of corona they will be barred from entering the campus.
Tamil Nadu Government has issued these guidelines or SOP regarding reopening of schools
- Schools will start only for classes 9 to 12 and students will be allowed to appear at 50% capacity.
- All schools will be screened within a week of opening. For this, teams of National Child Health Program, RBSK will be used for continuous investigation. If needed, other teams of PHC can also be engaged.
- Social distancing will have to be followed. For this, there will be a seating gap of 6 feet between all the students. If schools cannot follow this, they will have to ensure that there is only one student on each bench,
- School transport and premises will have to be sanitized regularly to avoid any infection.
- Schools will have to prepare a chart or time table mentioning shifts, rules and other important things to maintain social distancing.
- Students and staff must wear masks throughout and undergo mandatory health check-up.
- No event or gathering will be allowed which may possibly violate social distancing norms. Assemblies have to be conducted inside classrooms so that there is no big gathering.
ये भी पढ़ें